By March 1st, all participants are required to submit a written thesis for their portfolio. You are able to trade and provide supplementary rationale thereafter if desired. The written thesis will hold a 50% weight in your overall score for your performance in the Challenge. Your portfolio returns represent the other 50% weight. A full description for how final rankings will be determined can be found here.
The maximum word count for the written portfolio thesis is 500 words.
1. Portfolio rationale:
- How and why did you construct their portfolio as you did (i.e. bottom up, top down, quantitatively)?
- How did you settle on the number of stocks you selected?
2. A list of the names in your portfolio:
- Minimum one sentence description for each security you chose, and a brief summary of the rationale for each.
3. Concluding statement:
- Summary of why you believe your portfolio has the potential to earn outsized returns versus competing portfolios.
Each participant will be scored based on the following criteria:
- Clarity of overall investment strategy
- Clarity of reasoning for the number of stocks selected
- Quality of reasoning for why you believe your portfolio is superior to a competing portfolio
- Quality of rationale for each security
- Clear description of underlying business drivers
- Creativity of ideas
Upload your completed rational using this form by March 1st at 11:59 PM EST
- Max Word Count: 500
- Supported file type: PDF, DOC, DOCX
[contact-form-7 id=”1423″ title=”Investment Rationale Submission”]